Jeanette lives in Lockport, NY and has been researching her family tree since 2002. Her career is a public school band teacher which she has done for over twenty years.
She began genealogical lecturing at the North Tonawanda Public Library in 2011 and soon after formed the North Tonawanda Library Genealogy Club of which she managed for ten years.
In 2013, she became a Board Member for the Niagara County Genealogical Society. She is also the society Vice President, NGS Delegate, and the Program Chairperson. Jeanette became Chairman of the Board on March 2020 and held that position for over a year and a half.
Jeanette has proven her ancestry and joined many lineage societies including the: National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, First Families of Pennsylvania, National Society Descendants of American Farmers, and the National Society of Mayflower Descendants. She was elected as Chapter Registrar for her local Niagara Falls DAR Chapter in June 2020 and held that position for a year and a half.
In the Fall of 2020, Jeanette became the Virtual Genealogical Society's (VGA) Corresponding Secretary and was elected to become a member of the Board of Directors for the Western New York Genealogical Society (WNYGS). While serving on the board for WNYGS, Jeanette became a contributing editor for the WNYGS's quarterly publication, The Journal, and selected as the Programming Chair.
Jeanette officially started Jeanette's Genealogy in January 2021 by filing a DBA with the local government.
In August 2021, she completed the ProGen Study Group 49.
Jeanette became the President and owner of the Virtual Genealogical Association January 2022.
Jeanette has been giving lectures on Genealogy in the Western New York area since 2011. As a public school educator, she enjoys educating others on her favorite pastime.
Jeanette belongs to many National, State, and local societies:
- National Genealogical Society
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- New York Genealogical & Biographical Society
- Virtual Genealogical Association
- National Society Daughter's of the American Revolution
- National Society Descendants of American Farmers
- First Families of Pennsylvania
- General Society of Mayflower Descendants
- Niagara County Genealogical Society
- Western New York Genealogical Society
- Polish Genealogical Society of Western New York
- Chautauqua County Genealogical Society