Today I listened to the FGS recorded presentation of Simple Strategies to Improve Your Web Design. This was included with the Society Management Sessions for the virtual conference.
Listening to the presentation was a good kick to remind me to start adding Blog content to our Niagara County Genealogical Society’s (NCGS) new website: https://niagaragenealogy.org. I brainstormed some ideas of what could be included since our normal content of highlighting the library cannot easily be done right now with the library being closed due to Covid.
Some of the ideas that I came up with are:
- Webinar Wednesdays – link to free genealogy presentations and webinars
- Freebie Fridays – links to free genealogy content
- Cemetery Saturdays – feature a Niagara County (NY) cemetery each week
Other ideas are:
- Links to various genealogy Facebook Groups/Pages
- Biographies of Niagara County residents
You can learn more about Elizabeth O’Neal at her profile page on APG: https://www.apgen.org/users/elizabeth-oneal
You can learn more about Laura Hedgecock at her profile page on APG: https://www.apgen.org/users/laura-hedgecock